Adrian Beker from the Croatian team shared some of his impressions from the last round, and of Kazan in general.
- How did you find the Olympiad tasks?
- I imagine most people coped OK with the first task, but for the second two you really had to rack your brains. This is my first Olympiad in Informatics, but I have experience of maths competitions. It’s interesting for me to meet people from different countries.
- Was there any room for jokes in the team while you were getting ready for contest round 1?
- That’s a difficult question, but I think so, yeah. We’ve spent a lot of time seeing the city – we really like the Kremlin and the waterfront. Kazan is a beautiful city.
- Will you take part in any of the Sabantui games? Have you ever heard of the festival?
- I don’t think we’re going to go, if I’m honest – we’ve never heard of it before.
- Thanks, and best of luck for round 2!